BCGBA statement on COVID 19 Coronavirus

Announcements and Bowls related advertisements

Re: BCGBA statement on COVID 19 Coronavirus

Postby GrahamG » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:40 am

Nidderdale Nev wrote:Just forget this season
Stop moaning and accept the fact that this virus is here for a long time and think of others!
In reality there may be no bowling next season either.
Just get on with your lives and stay safe....stay safe and think of others.

Well said
My opinions are my own. But anyone is welcome to share them.
All explanations freely given. Supplier of bullets to the masses. Why be popular when you can be yourself?
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
GrahamG

Postby Twofull » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:32 pm

Stop moaning and accept the fact that this virus is here for a long time and think of others!

Who’s moaning
It’s not compulsory!
Some clubs have already opened their greens to members by applying the common sense rules and regulations.
Some people feel the need for exercise and a social life.
If stay safe amounts to never leaving your house,then that’s a choice.
Others may want to meet up with their mates for a friendly game and good luck to them.
Personally I wouldn’t bother booking a holiday or go to the pub.Some do.
Twofull

Postby GrahamG » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:30 pm

Twofull wrote:

Who’s moaning
It’s not compulsory!
Some clubs have already opened their greens to members by applying the common sense rules and regulations.
Some people feel the need for exercise and a social life.
If stay safe amounts to never leaving your house,then that’s a choice.
Others may want to meet up with their mates for a friendly game and good luck to them.
Personally I wouldn’t bother booking a holiday or go to the pub.Some do.

I think the point was forget about league bowling (far too late to try and cram all the fixtures into two months). I don't see a problem with organising friendlies, and socially distanced competitions, club or otherwise.
All explanations freely given. Supplier of bullets to the masses. Why be popular when you can be yourself?
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
GrahamG

Postby Twofull » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:43 pm

I think the point was forget about league bowling (far too late to try and cram all the fixtures into two months). I don't see a problem with organising friendlies, and socially distanced competitions, club or otherwise.[/quote]

Which as I said in my original post....even League bowling could be resurrected under Phase 3,but in my opinion would be a stretch too far,for numerous reasons.
Twofull

Postby GrahamG » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:01 pm

Twofull wrote:I think the point was forget about league bowling (far too late to try and cram all the fixtures into two months). I don't see a problem with organising friendlies, and socially distanced competitions, club or otherwise.

Which as I said in my original post....even League bowling could be resurrected under Phase 3,but in my opinion would be a stretch too far,for numerous reasons.[/quote]
To start League bowling, you would need all clubs in the league to agree (otherwise it's a farce if only half want to play).
For comps and friendlies, those who want to play can, and those who don't won't
GrahamG

Postby MGW » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:10 pm

CORONAVIRUS – UPDATE PHASE 3

Following our submission to the Department of Sport the following is now permitted as long as all social distancing rules and bubble rules are followed. I have had to clarify the compliance with a maximum of 30 and bubble size of 6. I have also had to clarify that our team matches are a series of individual games.

Inter-club friendlies – up to a maximum of 12 singles games (maximum of 30 in the gathering). This would also allow 6 doubles games etc.

League matches – following social distancing as above.

Open Competitions / competitions – to comply with the social distancing the maximum rounds that could be played on a single day is 4. This would mean a total of 6 in the bubble assuming all other social distancing is maintained. In practice, this would allow up to 16 (groups of) playing down to 4 with a finals day on a later day (singles). To run an open competition the dates would need to be agreed in the normal way with the county secretary and an action plan completed to ensure the Covid issued have been addressed.

Hopefully, this will allow a wider participation for those who want to organise matches. Each League will need to assess what they intend to do for the rest of the season.

Mark Bircumshaw

BCGBA CEO
MGW

Postby sammyday94 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:20 pm

I know what we will do we will stop everyone playing bowls because some People
Are scared of getting COVID!
How’s about giving the choice to people who want to play? If your scared of COVID stay indoors simple. Why stop everyone else playing?
Also to whoever put the comment that says ‘there’s more to life than bowls’ well however fantastic life away from bowls is for you that’s great as long as your happy then doesn’t matter about anyone else!! To some people bowls is a massive part of life and that’s the way sport gets you no matter what sport you Love, when your involved in it life can be tough without it.
My question is what happens in April when the same amount of people are dying as they are now? Do we all just sit under a rock until the virus stops? The virus is here for the long run so how long do we prolong the game for?

The point I’m trying to make is....
IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT CATCHING COVID STAY AT HOME AND GIVE OTHER PEOPLE THE CHOICE IF THEY WANT TO PLAY THE GAME.
How bigs that FISSH!?
sammyday94

Postby paolo 21up pasta man » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:47 am

hi everyone i hope your ok & well ,if you want a game go & enjoy it because lifes to short , :wink:
Last edited by paolo 21up pasta man on Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
i will always love my NO1 Hobby sport pastime crown green bowling its in my Heart and ill always love the fantastico bowling game till my last breath and i love running em up and getting 21 and winning and 21up is king..
paolo 21up pasta man

Location: in 1976 at 14 i won the very 1st SY junior bowls comp at hollinsend park BC in my hometown sheffield

Previous

Return to Announcements & Advertising